Print Friendly Recipe
- A great surprise salad
- 2 15 oz (420 grm). cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). jars pimientos, drained
- 1 3 oz (84 grm). bacon bits (Now this is I did substitute and used real fried bacon, crumbled)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, mix all salad ingredients.
- In seperate bowl, mix the dressing.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to mix well.
- Cover and chill at least 3 hours.
- Don't let the ingredients scare you and no substitutes. This is really good.
prep time 15 min., Ready in 3 hours and 15 min.
Calories, 295, Chol., 10mg, Carb., 34.3g.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.