Print Friendly Recipe
- Fluffy baking powder biscuits
- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml). salt
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml). cream of tartar
- 4 tsp (20 ml). baking powder
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter, cut into pieces
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) to 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- extra flour for topping
- Mix flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking powder together in large bowl.
- Cut in butter, until resembles small crumbs.
- Whisk together egg and milk.
- Pour egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir with fork, just till it is moistened.
- Dump out onto lightly-greased cookie sheet.
- Pat out into a round shape, about 1/2 to 3/4" thick.
- Cut out with round biscuit cutter, not separating pieces.
- Dust top with extra flour.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 18 to 20 minutes.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.