Print Friendly Recipe
- Traditional pita bread
- MeMaw from Lynne
- 1 (1/4 oz (7 grm).) package active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) warm water--110 degrees to 115 degrees
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- In mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Stir in enough flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead til smooth and elastic, about 6 - 8 minutes. DO NOT RISE.
- Divide into 6 pieces, knead each for 1 minute.
- Roll into a 5 inch circle.
- Cover and let rise until double, bout 45 minutes.
- Place upside down on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 500 degreesfor 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks and cool.
- Prep time 20 min. Cook time 5 min.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.