Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 cup (225 ml) dried apricots (about 6 ounces)
- two 12-ounce bags fresh or unthawed frozen cranberries (about 7 cups (1650 ml) total)
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar, or to taste
- 3 large shallots
- Quarter apricots and pick over cranberries.
- In a 3-quart saucepan bring water, sugar, and apricots to a boil and simmer, stirring until sugar is dissolved, 5 minutes.
- Add cranberries and simmer until berries have burst, about 5 minutes.
- Finely chop shallots and stir into compote.
- Remove pan from heat and cool compote completely.
- Compote may be made 2 days ahead and chilled, covered.
- A great substitute for cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving--sweet and tart with a hint of apricot flavoring.
From the November 1998 issue of Gourmet Magazine. Recipe also available at epicurious.com
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.