Print Friendly Recipe
- I love these, and so do my children!
- PAM Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) nonfat milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) all-purpose flour
- 4 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (475 ml) cornflake crumbs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (225 C.).
- Cover 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil; spray evenly with cooking spray.
- Separate onion slices into rings.
- Dip rings into milk, then into the flour, turning to evenly coat both sides of each onion ring.
- Dip coated onion rings in egg whites, then into cornflake crumbs, again turning to evenly coat both sides of each onion ring.
- Place in single layer on prepared baking sheets; spray evenly with cooking spray.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until onions are tender and golden brown.
Omit corn flake crumbs; use a mixture of 2/3 cup plain, dried breadcrumbs and 2 tablespoons sesame seeds for coating mixture.
This is a good use for leftover egg whites.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.