Print Friendly Recipe
- Truly Southern recipe for the greatest greens ever!
- Wanda Devereaux
- 1 bag prepared greens or bunch of greens
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) salad vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 c butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced garlic, or to taste
- 3 cups (700 ml) chicken/beef stock or more to cover greens
- 1 small slab fat back, optional
- Meld vinegar, olive oil, butter and garlic over medium heat
- in stock pot.
- Add greens, a little at the time, until wilted.
- Add stock to cover greens.
- Add fat back if desired.
- Bring to the boil and simmer till done, approximately 1 hour plus.
- You may substitute turnip greens, mustard greens, kale or a mixture. These were my father's Southern greens and there is no better way to cook them. Enjoy!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.