Print Friendly Recipe
- Danish rice pudding
Serves/Makes:6 or more servings
- 4 cups (950 ml) milk
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) long grain rice
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sherry
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (225 ml) ground almonds
- 1 cup (225 ml) whipping cream
- 1 jar sour pitted cherries.
- In a large pot heat milk up to almost boiling, (I microwave it to save time) and add sugar and rice.
- Set temperature on burner to med-low or low.
- Stir almost constantly to prevent burning or sticking.
- When rice is cooked remove from heat and chill.
- When rice is chilled add sherry, vanilla extract and ground almonds and stir well.
- Whip the whipping cream and fold in.
- Serve with sour pitted cherries.
- This is served after a traditional Danish Christmas dinner.
I have been making this now for 30+ years and I can never make enough.
My mother made this for as long as I can remember.
The clash of textures and flavours makes this a yearly favourite.
I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and friends do.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.