Print Friendly Recipe
- Savory baked chicken
- Sandi L
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 whole chicken 3 lbs (1.4 kg). to 4 lbs (1.8 kg)., cut up
- 4 cups (950 ml) tomato sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) coarse ground pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried oregano
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) raisins (optional)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil (optional)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vinegar (optional)
- Serving suggestion:
- cooked rice
- Combine all ingredients but chicken in a 3 qt casserole with lid.
- Stir to blend.
- Add chicken and spoon sauce over it.
- Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours at 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Serve with cooked rice.
- I usually leave out the raisins, oil and vinegar.
To make this dish nicer I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I think I usually use just one 16 oz. can of tomato sauce.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.