Print Friendly Recipe
- Healthy, nonfat, high fiber and low sugar.
- Anita E.
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) unbleached white flour*
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) flaxseed meal*
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) oat bran
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) to 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) finely shredded carrots
- 2 peeled and shredded apples
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins (optional)
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped nuts
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) milk
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- Mix together flour, flaxseed meal, oat bran, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir in carrots, apples, nuts, and raisins (if desired).
- Combine milk, beaten eggs, and vanilla.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Stir until ingredients are moistened.
- DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Ingredients marked with an (*) are marketed by Bob's Red Mill and can be found at local grocery stores, health food stores or at www.bobsredmill.com
I prefer to use 1/2 c. brown sugar instead of the full cup listed in the original recipe.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.