Print Friendly Recipe
- Karen "Sissy" Wommack
- 2 cups (475 ml) cooked or canned pumpkin
- 3 cups (700 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 ml) vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3-1/3 cups (775 ml) self rising flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml). cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml). ground cloves
- chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Spray the 2 loaf pans or muffin pans with a vegetable spray (or you can use the paper cup cake liners for the muffin pans).
- Mix together, with a whisk the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour and spices together with a fork,and the nuts if you are adding nuts.
- Then add the flour mixture slowly to the liquid ingredients and whisk them all together.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pans or fill each muffin pan cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake the loaves for about 50 to 60 minutes and the muffins for about 30 minutes.
- Take out the pans and cool for about 10 minutes on a cooling rack then turn them out on the cooling rack to finish cooling.
- On the loaves, some people leave them in the pans and serve the bread out of the loaf pans.
- Note: They are better the second day, they get more moist as they set.
- Note: If you want to use All Purpose Flour, to the 3-1/3 cups (775 ml) of All Purpose Flour, add 4-3/4 tsp (25 ml) of Baking Powder, 1 tsp (5 ml) of salt. .
- Note: I also have used Milk in the place of the Water, so to each their own.
- One recipe will also make 36 muffins.
This Recipe came from an Associate of Mine at the Remax Real Estate Office, her name is Cynthia Akins, but I call her Cynthiana. She loves to cook also, so she is a kindred spirit to me. When she brought this into the office, we all loved it, so we all wanted to recipe. I have made it twice already and given it away for gifts. I hope ya'll enjoy it as much as we have.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.