Print Friendly Recipe
- The White House via People Magazine
- 3 medium sweet potatoes/yams
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) dark chili powder
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) orange juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- Wrap potatoes in foil, place on a tray, and cook until soft all the way through, about an hour.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool so you can handle the potatoes.
- Cut in half, and scoop out insides into a large mixing bowl.
- Add all ingredients.
- Using a whisk, blend potatoes until smooth and ingredients evenly distributed, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Salt to taste, and serve.
- This recipe is credited to the assistant chef at the White House named Sam.
It's nice that it doesn't have all the traditional sugars or marshmallow.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.