Print Friendly Recipe
- Sandi L.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 lb (.5 kg). Italian sausage, turkey or pork, casings removed
- 1 cup (225 ml) each sliced red bell pepper, sliced mushrooms, and chopped onion
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, chopped
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt or to taste
- Preheat broiler with the rack set 4 inches from heat.
- Heat oil in large ovenproof frying pan over high heat.
- Cook sausage, stirring often, until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in Swiss chard, reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a large bowl until starting to foam.
- Stir cheese and salt into eggs.
- Pour mixture into pan with vegetables and cook on stove until the bottom sets, about 3 minutes.
- Broil until firm and browned, about 3 minutes.
- This recipe was adapted from one in Sunset Magazine, December 2009.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.