Print Friendly Recipe
- Greek fluffy dough pastries with almonds and powdered sugar
Serves/Makes:32 pieces depending on size
- 1 cup (225 ml) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) powder sugar
- 5-1/2 cups (1300 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (225 ml) almonds
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) ouzo
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Clarify the butter and to it add powdered sugar, flour, vanilla, almonds and ouzo.
- Mix lightly by hand.
- Once the mixture whitens, make small balls.
- Place them in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the balls from the oven and roll them in powder sugar.
- When they cool down, they are ready to serve.
- Pastries are not very sweet. You may use fewer or more almonds. You may make them in smaller balls.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.