Print Friendly Recipe
- Low Cal meal for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner
- Marlene Holladay--my own creation
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 bag shredded Jack cheese
- 6 large egg whites
- 2 whole large eggs
- spices or seasoning, as desired
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) salsa (optional)
- Spray a loaf pan with vegetable spray. (I use the olive oil spray)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl whip the 2 whole eggs in with the 6 egg whites.
- Add the whole bag of shredded cheese.
- Then add the spices, and salsa is you choose to use it.
- Add the whole bag of spinach.
- Use your hands and mix all ingredients together.
- Put in the loaf pan, pressing it all down.
- Make sure the spinach is covered with the eggs and cheese.
- Cover with foil, spray the foil too, as it will stick if it touches the casserole top.
- Seal the foil really well.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Take out and let rest for awhile.
- Slice into desired size 8 to 10 suggested.
- I figured all the calories, and got 137 calories in each slice. I have eaten it cold as a snack, or warm with cheese and salsa on top. It is very good that way.
I got this idea one day when I was looking for something light and easy. I cooked it and gave my husband a taste without telling him what was in it. He hates spinach. After tasting it I told him what it was and he said "Spinach! I hate spinach! This was really good--what a surprise!"
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.