Print Friendly Recipe
- Dan F.
- 8 cups (1900 ml) finely diced cabbage (about 1 head)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely diced carrot
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced onions
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) buttermilk
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) cider vinegar--I have used as little as 3 tbsp (45 ml) or as much as 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) --to taste
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) lemon juice
- Dice the cabbage and grate carrots.
- Pour the cabbage and the carrot mixture into a large bowl and stir in the diced onions.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour over the cabbage and carrot mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Drain before serving.
- This is a modification of the KFC recipe found elsewhere on line. Great on pulled pork sandwiches.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.