Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) margarine or butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2-2/3 cups (625 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dairy sour cream
- Optional: colored sugar for decoration
- Heat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- Mix 1 cup (225 ml) sugar, the margarine, shortening, egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Divide dough into 3 equal parts.
- Roll each part 1/4 inch thick on a lightly floured, cloth-covered board.
- Cut into desired shapes with 2-inch cookie cutter.
- Sprinkle with a little colored sugar.
- Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until no indentation remains when touched, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Adapted from Betty Crocker Red Spoon Collection: Best Recipes for Cookies by General Mills, 1989.
Not as sweet as many cut-out cookie recipes.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.