Print Friendly Recipe
- Moist and delicious
- Daisy H
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) nutmeg
- 3 cups (700 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) veg. oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) buttermilk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can pumpkin
- 1 cup (225 ml) raisins
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl,sift together, flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add sugar, oil, eggs, and buttermilk. Mix well.
- Stir in flavorings, pumpkin, raisins, and pecans.
- Pour into two greased bread pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before removing from pans.
- These freeze very well.
- This is a very moist, delicious bread. Don't over cook but be sure it is done.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.