Print Friendly Recipe
- MeMaw freom Alex. G.
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil
- 4 large red onions, halved, peeled, and cut in 1/4" slices
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups (475 ml) dry red wine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) honey
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) red wine vinegar
- juice and zest from 1 lemon
- In a sauce pan, heat oil just til it barely starts to smoke.
- Add onion and season.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add red wine.
- Lower heat and cook til wine reduces completly.
- Leave on low heat while making dressing.
- In smaller pan, heat honey til it's bubble and froth.
- Cook til it turns caramel color, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and simmer a few minutes.
- Shut off heat.
- Pour honey mixture over onions and continue cooking over low heat til juice is absorbed and onions are like jam.
- Put in a bowl to cool and serve.
- Prep time 15 min Cook time 25 min.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.