Print Friendly Recipe
- Pork and Steel Cut Oat Sausage
- Scott Felde
- 2 lbs (.9 kg) pork shoulder(with fat)
- 2 EA onions
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg) steel cut oats
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) and 1 tsp (5 ml) thyme (rounded)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) and 1 tsp (5 ml) sage (rounded)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ground cloves (rounded)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) allspice (rounded)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) salt
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) ground black pepper (rounded)
- Boil pork shoulder and onions until well done.
- Remove pork and onions from water(keep water);let pork cool.
- Grind pork and onions with a coarse meat grinder.
- Boil the steel cut oats in the water you cooked the pork in for 15 minutes.
- Put ground pork back into water and add spices. Cook or steam until well blended and thickened(add water if necessary).
- Place in bowl refrigerate.
- To serve make slice of bread sized servings (slightly thicker). Place in fry pan with butter and fry till both sides have a crispy crust.
For more information look up Knipp on Wikipedia.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.