Print Friendly Recipe
- V. Kacerek
- 1 cup (225 ml) water or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) couscous (i.e. Near East brand)
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 green onion, cut into 1/2 inch slices (more or less)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) curry powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter or margarine
- Saute onion and tomato in butter.
- Combine water and seasonings in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous and remove from heat.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Stir in sauteed tomato and onion mixture.
- A simple, colorful side dish for an Indian meal. I like to serve it with Tandoori Chicken.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.