Print Friendly Recipe
- Savory breakfast/brunch casserole
- Terri F
Serves/Makes:10 or more
- 12 slices of bread, torn into small pieces (sourdough whole wheat works well)
- 1-1/4 lbs (.6 kg). shredded, colby, Swiss, Jack or Mexican blend cheese
- 2 cups (475 ml) lowfat or non-fat milk
- 6 large eggs
- salt, pepper, onion or garlic salt to taste
- 8 oz (224 grm). diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) diced ham or bacon pieces or more (optional)
- Prepare a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with vegetable spray or cooking oil.
- Mix together bread and cheese and put into baking dish.
- Mix together milk, eggs, seasonings, chiles and diced meat.
- Pour over bread mixture in baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Melt butter and pour over pudding prior to baking.
- Bake for 45 minutes uncovered.
- Cut in approximately 3 x 3 inch squares to serve.
- Recipe divides in half well in 6 x 9 or 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Reheats well.
Adapted from the Olk Town Bed and Breakfast Inn in Eureka, CA.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.