Print Friendly Recipe
- Karen "Sissy" Wommack
Serves/Makes:1 cake, frosting for
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). box powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) crisco
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of hot water
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla flavoring
- 1 tsp (5 ml) butter flavoring (optional)
- Put all this in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
- This will frost 1 sheet cake, or an 8" or 9" round cake, between layers, on sides and top.
- This was given to me year or so ago by my friend, Linda Story, now Linda VanSteenbergen. She used to decorate cakes and this was the frosting/icing that she used to do that. It is really really good. She and I have a lot of history together and won't tell on each other (other than give away recipes). Ha.
Think of me when you use this. Enjoy!!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.