Print Friendly Recipe
- Tasty vegetarian spread
- Thann M.
Serves/Makes:1 cup plus a little
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) mayonnaise
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute onions and mushrooms in a small amount of olive oil for 5 minutes or until fairly dry.
- Stir in lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce and remove from heat.
- Add enough mayonnaise to make a spreadable consistency.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Mound in small bowl or crock.
- Chill well.
- Serve with crackers or slices of baguette.
- A recipe from 30 or so years ago updated and used as a starter for a vegetarian menu at our Munch Bunch dinner group. We pulsed the onions and mushrooms in the food processor this time around instead of chopping with a knife. Definitely a timesaver.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.