Print Friendly Recipe
- Savory Crockpot chicken stew
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 butternut or other winter squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 fresh tomatoes, cubed or 1 14 oz (392 grm). can diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 ml) garlic, minced
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can chick peas/garbanzos, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (225 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins
- 2 tsp (10 ml) coriander
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cumin
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) salt (opt.)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cayenne (or more to taste)
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). bone in, skinless chicken thighs and/or breasts
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) black olives, halved and pitted
- Combine squash, tomatoes, onion, garlic, chickpeas, broth and raisins in a large slow cooker.
- In a small bowl. stir together the spices.
- Rub the chicken pieces with the spice mixture and place in a single layer on top of other items in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Stir in olives and serve over couscous, pasta, or polenta.
- Slightly adapted from The 2013 Posh Squash Cookbook of The Sea Ranch, California. Info on the Community Garden and Cookbook at www.poshsquash.org
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.