Print Friendly Recipe
- 8 slices bacon, sliced 1/4 inch
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, medium dice
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut in medium dice
- 1 large carrot, small dice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 51 oz (1428 grm). can chopped clams, drained and liquid reserved
- 1 pt. (or more) clam broth or chicken broth
- 1 qt. half and half or cream
- fresh ground pepper
- Place bacon in bottom and soup pot and cook until most of fat is rendered--do not drain.
- Add onion, celery and garlic and saute until onion is translucent.
- Add potatoes and carrots and cover these with clam liquid, and additional clam broth and/or chicken broth.
- Boil until potatoes are tender.
- Add thyme leaves and half and half or cream and simmer until ready to serve.
- Add fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Bodega Bay Superbowl Weekend 2017
Salt shouldn't be necessary because of sodium in bacon, clams and broth.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.